I am not a relentlessly cheerful person, but I was born on a sunny day and that has generally helped my outlook. However, these are trying times for all of us, so what I can offer this week are 5 good things:
- Beeswax candle kits are a swell way to bring color and light to your table. I got mine on Etsy.
- Anne Lamott’s commencement speech from the University of California at Berkeley, 2003. Funny and spiritual and inspiring.
- A really easy and delicious recipe for vanilla cupcakes. This one calls for sour cream, but you can substitute yogurt or milk. And yes, cupcakes make a fine breakfast.
- Stories of real people who give me hope are abundant at Humans of New York. You can follow them on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- This rousing anthem from Hairspray with lots of talented and famous folks was my friend David O‘s awesome idea to lift spirits and raise money for The Actors’ Fund.
Remember that God is with us, lovies. Wash your hands and wear a mask. Amen.
Wendy Claire Barrie is the author of Faith at Home: A Handbook for Cautiously Christian Parents.